Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quote of the day....




"You and I are standing this very second at the meeting place of two eternities: the vast past that has endured forever, and the future that is plunging on to the last syllable of recorded time. We can’t possibly live in either of those eternities - no, not even for one split second. But, by trying to do so, we can wreck both our bodies and our minds; so let’s be content to live the only time we can possibly live: from now until bedtime."

From my Guru, Dale Carnegie. Discussion: Who is your favorite self help Guru?

3 comments:

Gordon said...

Dale Carnegie is likewise my guru. It has been a long time since I read that famous book whose name I've forgotten. That quote you put up I had not heard before. Really good one.

Lynnis said...

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" is his classic. It has everything I learned in business school in 250 pages (except the math). This quote is from "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" which I am reading now. You can borrow it.

Gordon said...

Borrowing it sounds good. I would also benefit from again reading "How to win friends and influence people." The younger generation reading this would do well to read both.

Some things are classics. No person is truly educated in the liberal arts until they have read the Greek, Roman and Hebrew classics.