Tuesday, September 16, 2008

All polish no substance

I am blogging from the VW dealership, where they have these fancy glass offices with phones and computers for customers to use while they wait for their cars to be fixed. I am here getting them to replace my brakelight which they pretended they fixed last week but obviously didn't though they certainly charged me for it. $70 to replace 3 lightbulbs is exorbinant. I know the parts are under $3 each. Last time I brought the bulb to jiffy lube and they installed it free.

I am having my porch painted something called "kale green". Sounds delicious! The handyman is also repairing the morter in my front steps. I feel like the house is shaping up pretty nicely. So far our major improvements have been replacing the carpet with marble, new vinyl siding, and some plumbing improvements I don't notice. Oh- and we had the Brothers Sharp replace the peak of the roof. However it blew off like a sardine lid at the first bad storm. Brian and his dad rolled it back flat and added more nails and it has survived a tornado since then just fine. Leo, my indentured servent, is also doing a good job of cleaning up the trees from said tornado.

8 comments:

Lona said...

Reading this post with Leo in the room gave me a great opportunity to razz him for being an "indentured servant". "It's not that bad," he claims!

Lona said...

This is great...now that I know Leo is an indentured servant, I just asked him to do something...and he did it!

Hallie Jo said...

why is he an indentured servant??

Innes said...

how come we can't post on your blog, we can just comment? i can't add an image in the comment section!

innes

Gordon said...

It appears that one of the principles of living well is to have an indentured servant.

Lynnis said...

Leo came about his indenturetude by the use of my truck and $100 of diesel to ferry his busted car back to Accokeek. Maybe Gordon can get him under contract as well, he definitely owes him. He is a fine drudge, I am not looking forward to his release.

Innes, do you want to be added as an author? I'll try to figure that out.

Lynnis said...

Gordon - so true! I forgot to include new gutters in my list of improvements.

Greeleo said...

oh come on Lynnis, you know i will be glad to work for you and fulfill my obligations.