Thursday, October 8, 2009

My excellent Halloween costume #5


I am aware of the dangers of overexposure, and I can't help but notice that the commenters chatter has died down. But I did want to get all my preliminary discussion out of the way, because this weekend, I will start to assemble this. Remember, the party is a whole week before Halloween.

I think I have it all now except for the accessories. When I think of accessories, I think of the cardboard belt (trolling for comments, new trivia: tell me 'who was that who wore a cardboard belt?')

Much as I would like it to be, I can't make that out to be an oxymoron. So what I have is:

This being a party, I should be bring some food, as previously suggested "sweet and sour chicken" served with plastic silverware. I was also considering wearing plastic sunglasses.

And my last thing is a play on the classic oxymoron "military intelligence". On the internet authentic military intelligence patches can be found, but usually they don't say that. I can find "Air Force Intelligence" as the next best thing.

So this weekend, I think I am going to try to find a place to buy some of those "barefoot running shoes". If I like them, I will buy them and use them. For most of the rest, I will start scoping out what's available online. I probably won't be buying sweet and sour chicken online, although I am sure it can be done.

4 comments:

Lona said...

Loved these posts. Don't forget to report on the actual party!
Also you don't necessairly have to wait to blog until you have something to say -- ask anyone!

Anonymous said...

I saw military intelligence suggested on several sites as an oxymoron too but like most of the other suggested oxymorons, the words aren't actually antonyms or have any relationship with eachother. There were lots of instances where the reasoning was "this can't actually be" to insult the capability of the proposed oxymoron but the words did not actually have anything contary about them. Postal Service was another example that that was suggested as a slight but doesn't really meet the criteria of an oxymoron.

-lynnis

Innes said...

i think whatever you wear, you have to add the "tight slacks"!

Tara Carlson said...

Weekend is over, what is the status on the costume? I can't wait for the pictures.