Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Impressions

So far, college feels like camp. Of course, classes haven't started yet, and I'm participating in a 4 day community service program. My group is working at a community center in southeast DC called THE ARC. Today we did some painting for them.
I moved in Sunday, and both my roommates are here as well. All of our stuff seems to fit into out room, which consists of a bunk bed, a loft bed, 3 desks, 3 bookshelves, 3 dressers (2 of them in the built in wall storage). We have a tiny micro fridge (microwave and fridge issued by the school) and a TV and DVD player which we haven't hooked up yet. I have the top bunk. Our room faces northwest, so I can watch the sunset through the window. The view is ok-- as long as you don't look directly down to the parking lot below.
Classes start next Monday.

5 comments:

Innes said...

what, no photos!?!?

Lona said...

I wanted some gossip about the roomies.

Gordon said...

Whoopie, someone made a post who was not me. Have fun Hallie.

Haven said...

Is it intense?

Hallie Jo said...

Gossip...hmm...theres not much yet. We're still getting to know each other. I do know, however, that several other people have tried to go to frat parties--some have succeeded, only to find out that they aren't all they're cracked up to be.