Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ruffled Feathers

>


My rooster with the famous tail was cornered in the garage and attacked by some vile creature. Amazingly enough he is fine. The funny thing is he shed his tail like a skink. I never would have imagined that tail might serve a functional purpose but it was enough of a subterfuge to allow him to escape. Feathers were going from the front to back of the garage in large clumps. If they hadn't left the feathers I would suspect a hatmaker.


Poor little man wanted to go to bed early. His tail used to touch the ground when he was on his perch.



I could make some really impressive hats or fishing flies.

2 comments:

Lona said...

I just got a black hat off ebay and I'll take a feather for that.

Newls said...

Same thing happened to our long-tailed Rooster Roderick about 15 years ago. He was quite naked in the rear, and very odd looking, like a half chicken, but it all grew back!